I'm in love with the Wiki idea! Although we've (attempted) to use them before for editing documents, my department has not had tons of success with them. (Again, I think it has to do w/ the fear of technology some of my colleges have.) However, one of the things that we are always trying to do is share best practices. After seeing the Library Success wiki, I can safely say that I would love to set this up for my department. This would be a great way for people to add programs that have been working well, and let others access them. We are constantly talking about different ways to come together to work, but the Wiki will also let us come together w/out physically being together. With staff from Cape May to Sussex, it is not an easy task!
I can also see Wiki being a great way to interact w/ the teens in my 4-H club. They also have a hard time getting together, but having the ability to post ideas and information and share them with everyone else would be great.
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago

I liked your idea about using a wiki at work. It would probably be a good record after employees change etc..
ReplyDeleteNice ideas, yes. Do you have a preference for a particular wiki platform? Just wondering.
ReplyDeleteI don't' have a preference at this point, however I'd like to play w/ a bunch and see what works. they've just asked me to chair one of the committees at work, so I'm hoping to implement some of these ideas there, kind of as a pilot program.
ReplyDelete