So the first of the 2.0 winners I looked at was "Backpack." I cannot tell you how disappointed I was that this is for businesses! I am a disorganized mess, and I fully admit to that. I often cannot print at home, and keeping all of my calendars organized, for me at least, is a disaster. (I should try Google Calendar, I know.) HOWEVER, this is really only available for businesses. Although not extremely expensive, (the cheapest is $24/month) it's not for an individual. I'll just continue to do the best I can. However, the ability to make notes about a meeting so that I could remember what I wanted to discuss, post documents that I will want to use it awesome. Not to mention, it can then be shared with anyone else who I deem appropriate, and conversations can be had on message boards that are relevant to specific meetings and events. For now, I'm still stuck trying to do my best, but hopefully they will get a personal app soon. (I will note, they do have iPhone apps that I'm assuming are more for one person, but I'm not 100% sure about that.)
The other one I looked at was last.fm. Because I'm a fan of Pandora (and now pay the .99 cents/month when I hit more than 40 hours of listening) I was wondering just what could be better? This site is awesome because it's more interactive, selects new people for you, lets you know when different events are happening. I'm looking forward to playing with this more, and who knows, it may replace Pandora!
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago

I think I would ignore a calender on my computer just as much as I ignore the one in my purse. I might write stuff down in it, but then I never look at it again. I used to work stock at Bath and Body Works and I was great at keeping the stockroom organized, you would think my personal life would be easy.
ReplyDeleteI agree, that I'd ignore online as much as a "hard" copy, however what I liked the most was being able to post documetns that are needed, so that I could access them anywhere. It wouldn't matter so much if i left one on my desk!
ReplyDeleteWow Backpack used to be free, I think, or at least there was (I thought) an educational version... interesting if it's not anymore. Too bad.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't find a free version, and i was really looking because I wanted to sign up for it. But I'm also known for missing whats right under my nose...
ReplyDelete