Ok,
I like you tube, I get the point. But i'm not someone to just randomly jump around on it. I get bored of it after a while. (Though I spent like, 20 minuets watching Sesame Street clips while I was online.) And those led me to this:
I'm Just A Bill was on of my favorite Schoolhouse Rock videos!
I liked that you could watch other videos that were similar to what you just saw, or search for just about anything and find videos related to it. I'm not a fan of the quality of a bunch of the videos. For a few minuets, I was going to try to use the "Barack and Roll" video that came out during his campaign, but it took me a while to find one that was decent. And then I stumbled on Sesame Street, which led me to "Just a Bill." And that gave me a smile.
Personally, I prefer hulu. I miss a lot of my favorite shows, and while I can often TiVo them, they often get deleted before I watch them. (Thanks Dad and West Wing.)
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago

Yes, hulu is good for sure! :-) Do you think there are opportunities for libraries and YouTube?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there are some creative people who can find ways to make it work. I think it's a great way to find older material that is still useful, especially things like Schoolhouse Rock.
ReplyDeleteBut libraries could probably also make mini-commercials for books, events, etc and post them on YouTube to help spread the word about different things (such as banned book week.) There are definitely ways for libraries to involve YouTube in their work.