I'm also a fan of the tagging-as-folders. Often at the office I'm not sure where to place a document or where to find it. By being able to tag it with different topics, I would be able to find the document no matter what I was looking for. Directions to winter camp could be tagged as teen programs, directions, LG Cook, and various other ideas.
I'm also a fan of how easy it was to insert photos. The ability to see the text in HTML code view is also great to add information to a web page. The tabs at the top of each page make it easy to switch between documents which is another plus. I can definitely see myself using Zoho for collaborative works with my coworkers across the state. I can also see how wonderful it would be for kids who are working on a collaborative assignment for class. I think that teachers, upper level especially, are remiss if they don't use these types of tools with their students.
It is super easy to share the document as well. In fact I created this in Zoho, and then posted it to my blog.
Down w/ Microsoft, right?

maybe i should use ZoHo instead of Google Docs for the open source docs assignment in this class?
ReplyDelete